How has the implementation of the electricity and gas purchasing strategy contributed to increasing the value of one of the largest energy and gas consumers in northern Poland?
- Out of many energy advisors, I decided to use the services offered by Enfree. I am very pleased with our cooperation, I quickly saw its positive impact on the financial results of the capital group - says Bogusław Kowalski, President of the Management Board of Graal S.A. And he adds: I admit that direct access to the current market knowledge provided by Enfree experts in a reliable and credible manner had a positive impact on the procurement processes carried out in Graal. The purchase of energy and gas has become the subject of daily attention, arousing keen interest among employees. It can be said that, together with Enfree, we have created a well-coordinated team that discusses and implements new solutions on an ongoing basis. We are currently continuing our cooperation: we are increasing our involvement in the implementation of projects that will ensure long-term price stabilization, reduce the operating costs of the group and have a positive impact on the environment.
When asked why he decided to cooperate with Enfree, the President of the Capital Group replies:
The extremely difficult situation on the electricity and natural gas market, which a significant part of European companies has been facing since 2021, has revised the current method of contracting media in the group. I knew that the current market conditions determined the taking of actions based on a completely new media purchase strategy. To create it, we needed the support of professionals, specialists in energy and gas trading. I wanted to be sure that the company we were going to cooperate with would bring real value in the form of securing the financial result against sudden price increases. I had no doubts that I was making the right decision by choosing Enfree - I was convinced by years of experience in the field of energy and gas trading.
The cooperation between Graal and Enfree assumed the following tasks:
- preparation and implementation of a strategy for the purchase of electricity and natural gas for the years 2022 - 2023,
- support in the purchase of energy and gas (preparation of inquiries, application for offers on behalf of Graal, analysis of submitted offers, conducting the process of negotiating prices and other contractual conditions, recommendation of selecting suppliers, assistance in agreeing contractual provisions),
- optimization of the new model of the group's energy economy, focused on generating energy for its own needs and increasing the group's pro-ecological logistic choices (production and purchase of energy from renewable energy sources),
- preparation of an analysis of the possibilities and profitability of changing the supplier and distributor of natural gas.
The electricity purchase strategy developed by Enfree allowed the Graal Group to complete the purchase for 2022 in the so-called low price point. Capturing the "cheapest" moment in the period of galloping prices was extremely important from the point of view of securing the financial result - the strategy allowed to maintain the cost regime in the field of energy purchases.
The natural gas purchase strategy implemented at the same time changed the current contracting perspective of the company. Experts from Enfree, specializing in energy pricing, recommended changing the traditional model of gas purchase at a fixed price, valid throughout the contracting period. The Graal Group decided to take advantage of the offer indexed by the prices of the futures market, which made it possible to purchase in many tranches for shorter periods (months, quarters). Such a strategy allows the company to generate savings that significantly exceed the cost of the daily operational commitment of the company's employees. A well-prepared strategy takes into account scenarios of contracting activities with the rising and falling prices market. An extremely important element of cooperation is ongoing contact with Enfree - this is also when the transfer of knowledge about the current situation on the gas market takes place. Based on the information obtained, Graal employees make decisions about the purchase of individual tranches.
Together with Enfree, we have created a well-coordinated team that discusses and implements new solutions on an ongoing basis.
President of the Management Board of Graal S.A.